Welcome to National Dengue Video Competition 2019
One Team Networks Sdn Bhd in collaboration with Universiti Putra Malaysia and University Malaysia Terengganu will be organizing a short video competition for the development of an Augmented Reality “Video on Paper” application. The competition is now open to all Malaysian Citizens and International students with affiliation to Malaysian institutions, with the theme of Dengue Awareness.
The competition will run from 15 April 2019 – 30 November 2019. The short video should showcase participant’s creativity and uniqueness in relaying information based on categories chosen.
Stand a chance to win up to RM3000 per video if chosen! A grand prize winner will be chosen by a panel of judges, with two runner ups. Ten winners will also be selected from the video categories.
Rules & Regulations
Rules and regulations
The National Dengue Video Competition is a collaborative initiative between One Team Networks Sdn Bhd, Universiti Putra Malaysia and University Malaysia Terengganu to encourage community engagement and knowledge transfer on Dengue Awareness.
The competition will act as a platform for participants to show their creativity and relay important information/facts based on each category. The National Dengue competition comprises of 7 categories. Grand prize winner will be given RM 3000 followed by the first runner-up RM1500 and second runner-up RM800. The winner(s) will be considered for contracts per-video (worth up to RM1,000) to produce.
Submission of videos after the deadline will not be accepted.
1. The National Dengue Video competition is open to all Malaysians and international students enrolled in any local institution.
2. International students enrolled in any local institution needs to provide proof of their student status along with their videos.
3. Entry fee is RM50 for each submission.
4. Participants are permitted to submit as many entries as possible.
5. By participating, individuals/teams agree with the terms and conditions set by One Team Networks Sdn Bhd
and Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM).
6. Participants are required to fill in their particulars in the submission form available here.
7. All videos are required to be emailed to email@example.com, together with the submission form and proof of payment.
8. For video submission as a team, the number of team members should not exceed five persons.
1. Length of the video must be within 30-60 seconds.
2. Videos may be in the form of live-action, animation, or a combination of both.
Visual elements of 3-dimension (3D), visual effects, stop-motions, etc are encouraged.
3. Entries are judged based on originality, creativity, information and impact relayed through the video.
• Educational Message
Quality of production
• Visual aesthetics
• Time adherence
• Original content
• Video/multimedia standards
• Overall creativity
• Overall information accuracy
• Overall quality
4. All photographs, music and videos submitted must be an original work of the participants and must be unpublished
or has never been submitted to other competitions/events.
5. Participants must acquire permission prior to using any materials obtain from other parties for the video.
6. Contents used in the video must not contain any third party material (company logos,
trademarks, copyrighted music/photographs/etc).
7. Ensure information relayed in video is accurate and references must be listed in a separate file,
provided along with video submission.
8. Relay of information regarding Aedes mosquitoes between the company and participants is allowed.
9. The organisers is not responsible in any production costs/spending of the participating individual/team for this competition.
10. The organisers will not be responsible with any human or technical errors, including any injury or damage
to participants’ or devices resulting from participation to this competition.
11. By submitting, participants agree to transfer copyright to organisers if their videos are selected as winning videos.
12. The organisers reserves the right to amend the competition’s rules and regulations at any time without prior notice
to the participants.
13. Only winner(s) chosen will be awarded and may be offered a contract for production of videos for future applications.
14. Failure to comply with the terms of the competition may result in disqualification from the competition.
15. Failure of participants to provide information requested by the company or university may result in
disqualification from the competition.
16. The judging criteria is based on the content, creativity, originality and technical skill of the videos.
17. The decision of the judges is final.
Award & Categories
· Grand prize winner
· First runner up
· Second runner up
· Best video in categories (10 prizes)
The winner(s) of the competition will be awarded as well as given the opportunity to work with the company on a video-basis contract for the Augmented Reality “Video on Paper” application.
All entry will be given a certificate for participation.
The categories are as follows;
2) Background & History of Aedes Mosquitoes
3) Aedes Mosquitoes Breeding Sites
4) Aedes Mosquitoes Food & Blood Supply
5) Aedes Mosquitoes Life Cycle
6) Diseases Carried by Aedes Mosquitoes
7) Natural enemies of Aedes Mosquitoes
To participate, videos must abide by the rules and regulation listed. Deadline for submission is 30 November 2019.
Registration fee: RM50 per submission
· Educational Message
2. Quality of production
· Visual aesthetics
· Time adherence
· Original content
3. Technical Skill
· Video/multimedia standards
4. Final product
· Overall creativity
· Overall information accuracy
· Overall quality
1. All videos must abide by the rules and regulation listed. Deadline for submission is 30 November 2019.
2. Registration fee: RM50 per submission
3. Payment should be pay to : BENDAHARI UPM
Account Name : Kira-Kira AM UPM
Bank Name : CIMB Bank Berhad
Account No : 8002151963
Swift Code : CIBBMYKL
Desription of Payment : National Dengue Video Competition 2019
4. All videos must send thru google drive link and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- +603 9679 2365
- 012-6172249 (WhatsApp ONLY)